During our series on Angels and Demons, I mentioned that evil demonic forces seem to attack leaders first and hardest. Why? Get the leaders, get the followers!
I didn't have time to unpack everything I wanted to say, so here are specific ways Satan and his demons attack leaders.
- Pain or physical suffering
- Death of people we love
- Ministry disasters (the wheels falling off right before an event, etc).
- Financial calamity
- Satan will seek to use disasters for the very fact that that they can become distractions.
- "putting our fires..."
- exchanging busyness for effectiveness
- Know what persecution is? People giving us a hard time because of what we believe and do!
- "Extra grace required" people
- "High maintenance" people
- Negative people
Destructive attitudes & behaviors
- Inappropriate thoughts
- Inappropriate habits
- Inappropriate relationships
As a leader, have you felt Satan attack you in these ways? Would love to know!
Stay tuned for Part Two of this series!